We have listed 100 Self harm quotes for demotivated and depressed individuals, things look easy undoubtedly when we do not have to face them all by ourselves. Nonetheless, Hurting oneself in order to overcome loneliness, anxiety, depression and all bad & sad things might sound like an easy solution but what you are going through and what you’ll face afterwards is far more troublesome and hurting that you can even imagine. Undeniable, sometimes oneself cannot bear this excruciating pain inflicted upon us by our family, friends or far worse person who claims to love us.
It is saddening how people do not take care of the people who are struggling with mental health issues and often end up hurting them by their insensitive jokes. Never forget, your loved ones are always here for you and are willing to help you unquestionably if you reach out to them. Do not hesitate to reach out and talk about your mental health openly. It ceases to amaze how opening up/expressing oneself can eliminate so much stress and pain from our hearts. Here, we are listing down Top 100 self harm quotes which will help you in quitting self-harming and also motivates you to live a happy and normal life. Shall we begin?
Table of Contents
Top Self Harm Quotes
1. In case you didn’t know, dead people don’t bleed. If you can bleed-see it, feel it-then you know you’re alive. — Amy Efaw
2. This pain is comfort. It is the solace of physicality, like a touch certainly. ― Johnny Rich
3. A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Anonymous
4. It’s okay to have scars. It means you’re healing.
5. You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read obviously. – James Baldwin
6. I wear my self-harm scars proudly. Instead, they represent the battles through which I have gone, and I am proud because those battles I have won. – Aly
7. It’s irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.
8. Self-harm is an addiction and it’s serious whether it’s 5 cuts or 100. I myself have dealt with self-harm. – Vic Fuentes
9. The lines I wear around my wrist are there to prove that I exist.
10. The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore. – C. JOYBELL C.
Healing Life Quotes
11. The scars you can’t see are the ones that hurt the most.― Michelle Hodkin
12. Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress, which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
13. My scars show pain and suffering, but they also show my will to survive. – Cheryl Rainfield
14. Scars tell the story of where you’ve been. They don’t dictate where you’re going.
15. In all of your living, don’t forget to live.
16. You have been criticising yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. -LOUISE L. HAY
17. Your scars are battle wounds, but you don’t see them that way. Yet. ― Tammara Webber
18. Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on. – LES BROWN
19. I can feel the hurt. There’s something good about it. Mostly it makes me stop remembering. ― Albert Borris
20. The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself undoubtedly. – MAYA ANGELOU
Up-lifting Self Harm Quotes
21. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
22. People should know about us. Girls who write their pain on their bodies. – Louisa
23. Turn your wounds into wisdom. – Oprah Winfrey
24. The lines I wear around my wrist are there to prove that I exist.
25. Scars don’t matter, little one. They are the marks of the battles we have won. – Helen Dunmore
26. The wound is the place where the Light enters you. – Rumi
27. Self-harm – the world will come at you with knives anyway. You do not need to beat them to it. ― Caitlin Moran
28. I made the first cut razor thin. Furthermore, A gentle kiss on virgin skin. – Madeleine Kuderick
29. People say things meant to rip you in half but you hold the power to not turn their words into a knife and cut yourself . ― Rupi Kaur
30. Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. – Kahlil Gibran
Motivational Life Quotes
31. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.- SANDRA BIERIG
32. Told I talked too much, made too much noise. I took up a silent hobby – Bleeding. – S. Marie
33. Each scar’s a cipher rimmed with old barbs and landmines, protecting its truth. – JLB
34. I am so angry all the time, and so sad, and it screams inside me and never stops. Undeniably, Cutting is the only thing that eases me. ― Zoë Marriott
35. I can feel the hurt. There’s something good about it. Mostly it makes me stop remembering. ― Albert Borris
36. If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain and respect your pain — in time you will move through your pain.
37. You’re always with yourself, that is why you might as well enjoy the company. – DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
38. Evolution has taught them that pointless harm will ultimately harm themselves. – Carl Zimmer
39. Why do people self-harm? It’s a way to have control over my body because I can’t control anything else in my life surely.
40. I no longer have any fear of pain because I’m the one inflicting it and can decide when it stops. ― Maude Julien
Healing Self Harm Quotes
41. Self-mutilation is a very different issue to suicide. It is a controlled pain personal to you, allowing you to live/exist to some degree. ― Richy Edwards
42. Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others.
43. Unspeakable feelings need to find expression in words. However… verbalization of very intense feelings may be a difficult task. ― James A. Chu
44. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion. – MARGO ANAND
45. She cuts herself. Never too deep, never enough to die. But enough to feel the pain. Enough to feel the scream inside.
46. The past does not define me, it ignites me. The past is not a piece of me, it has placed me ― Ricky Maye
47. I can’t stop undeniably. ― Shane Koyczan
48. When will people understand that words can cut as sharply as any blade, nonetheless those cuts leave scars upon our souls.
49. Throughout it all, you are still, always, you: beautiful and bruised, known and unknowable. ― Leila Sales
50. Encourage yourself. Tell yourself good things about yourself.
Amazing Self Quotes
51. This might surprise you, but one of the best ways to manage your emotions is simply to experience that emotion and let it run its course. ― Kim L. Gratz
52. It’s not whether you get knocked down, however It’s whether you get up again. – VINCE LOMBARDI
53. Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it. – Conrad Joseph
54. I know what it’s like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in, but you can’t. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. – Susanna Kaysen
55. Hush little baby, Don’t you cry, Don’t cut your arms, Don’t say goodbye. Instead, put down that razor, Put down that light, It maybe hard but, You’ll win this fight. ― Emily Giffin
56. I am so angry all the time, and so sad, and it screams inside me and never stops. Cutting particularly is the only thing that eases me. – Zoë Marriott
57. I found out to wait it out that it gets better. I wrote music instead of going to the blade.
58. I cut myself because you wouldn’t let me cry. Nonetheless, I cried because you wouldn’t let me speak. I spoke because you wouldn’t let me shine. I shone because I thought you loved me. – Emilie Autumn
59. How will you know I am hurting, if you cannot see my pain? To wear it on my body tells what words cannot explain.” – C. Blount
60. Why bother inflicting enormous pain on yourself when sooner or later Life would certainly get around to doing it for you? – Jeff Lindsay
Caring Self Harm Quotes
61. When clients self-harm, for instance, these days, we understand their actions to be instinctive, rather than thought out. – Janina Fisher
62. Self-injury is a sign of distress not madness. After all, We should be congratulated on having found a way of surviving. – Cory Anderson
63. Undoubtedly When I look at my arms, I don’t think revolutionary. Instead, I think sad, and pain, but not revolutionary. – Katherine Glassglow
64. Girls are always saying things like, I’m so unhappy that I’m going to overdose on aspirin, but they’d be awfully surprised if they succeeded. – Rachel Klein
65. As a matter of fact remember, it is not enough to be hit or insulted to be harmed, you must believe that you are being harmed. – Epictetus
66. My hand no longer trembled out of fear, surely out of anticipation. – S.M.Koz
67. Scars on our souls frequently lead to scars on the outside from self-inflicted wounds surely. However, Together we can empower one another and move toward healing.
68. I hurt myself,” Syren bit out. Nonetheless, I make myself bleed and it feels good. It eases the pressure inside me, but it never lasts for long. – Avril Ashton
69. Having a strong urge is like having a child throw a temper tantrum inside you, undoubtedly screaming “Hurt yourself! – Kim L.Gratz
70. No neurotic harbours thoughts of suicide which are not murderous impulses against others redirected upon himself. – Sigmund Freud
71. You don’t feel like you’re hurting yourself when you’re cutting. Instead, You feel like this is the only way to take care of yourself. ― Marilee Strong
72. I know the pain will stop whenever I want. I was the one who decided when it should start; I will definitely be the one to decide when it stops.
73. If someone succeeds in provoking you, for instance realize that your mind is complicit in the provocation. Which is why it is essential that we do not respond impulsively to impressions obviously.
74. The sky was so blue I couldn’t look at it because it made me sad, swelling tears in my eyes and they dripped quietly on the floor as I got on with my day.
75. That’s when I wanted to cut. I cut to quiet the cacophony. I cut to end this abstracted agony certainly.
76. As convincing as it may seem, physical pain often arises merely to distract us from emotional pain surely. — Charles F. Glassman
77. The phrase ‘self-harm’ brings up thoughts of ‘cutting’, but that’s only a small portion of it.
78. We all have scars; both inside and out. Use your experience to support those who are going down the same road of destruction you once went down.
79. Self-pity is spiritual suicide. It is an indefensible self-mutilation of the soul. – Anthon St. Maarten
80. Wounds turn into scars, and scars make you tough generally. — Aisha Tyler
Overcome Self Injury Quotes
81. Undoubtedly, the more I lived with Jan, the more I loved her, the more I made her miserable.
82. There is no advantage in my harming myself surely. – Alice Jamieson
83. Undoubtedly, I used self-injury as a coping mechanism to help me overcome the emotional stress that I was incapable of dealing with in any other way. – Stephen Richards
84. Surely, “To me, I see scars of courage. Inflicting them gave him the strength to survive the pain that’s plagued him all his life.
85. Undoubtedly, The blade sings to me. Faintly, so soft against my ears, its voice calms my worries and tells me that one touch will take it all away. – Self Harm Quotes
86. I dreamt I was whole once. Certainly, I flew above the world on wings of snow and sugar and everything was beautiful and I was flawless and perfect. When I woke my pillow was wet.
87. Loving the wrong person is self-harm certainly. — R.H. S
88. Undoubtedly, A physical release to anesthetise mental pain. — Alex A. King
89. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. As a matter of fact, It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. — Rikki Rogers
90. However much it hurts, surely I draw some comfort from the idea that I’m in control.
Take Care Quotes
91. I’m no tattoo artist, however I do have a knife .
92. I grin at the fierce burn in my legs, certainly in my chest. Undoubtedly, Using pain to relieve pain. It doesn’t make much sense.
93. I asked her if she believed in love, nonetheless she smiled and said it was her most elaborate method of self-harm. — Benedict Smith
94. Occasionally, Trying to destroy yourself gives a pretty clear message and it’s not one I think you’d like. – Thomm Quackenbush
95. Take control of your emotions, unless your emotions take control of you. – Scott Dye
96. Stop it unless it stops you. – Dee juusan
97. You might imagine that a person would resort to self-mutilation only under extremes of duress undeniably.
98. This pain is comfort undoubtedly. It is the solace of physicality, like a touch. ― Johnny Rich
99. Undeniably every action that you take – that your disorder tells you to take – is self-harming in the short and long term. — Priyavrat Thareja
100. Unquestionably, those who don’t know how to suffer are the worst off. However, there are times when the only correct thing we can do is to bear out troubles until a better day. – Deng Ming-Dao