Physical therapy can be extremely helpful post-surgery in many ways, including:
- Pain Management: Physical therapy can help manage pain following surgery through the use of modalities such as ice, heat, and electrical stimulation.
- Increased Range of Motion: Surgery can often lead to a loss of range of motion in the affected area. Physical therapy can help restore range of motion through specific exercises and stretches.
- Strengthening: Surgery can weaken muscles in the affected area. Physical therapy can help strengthen these muscles through targeted exercises.
- Improved Function: Physical therapy can help improve overall function following surgery by addressing any deficits in strength, range of motion, or balance.
- Scar Management: Physical therapy can also help with scar management, by using massage and other techniques to reduce scar tissue and improve skin mobility.
- Education: Physical therapists can provide education to patients on proper body mechanics and movement patterns to prevent further injury or re-injury.
Overall, physical therapy can play a crucial role in the recovery process following surgery, and can help patients regain their independence and quality of life.
Recommended Physical Therapy in Your Area: Atlas Physical Therapy
Physical Health Quotes For Psychological Strength
- “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
- “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
- “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
- “Physical fitness is not an option. It’s part of my job.” – Unknown
- “The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
- “Physical activity is an excellent stress-buster and can help you stay calm and centered.” – Karen Salmansohn
If you are looking for organic way of managing alleviate pain, or to address symptoms of mental health conditions like anxiety and depression then kratom leaves and powder can help. Visit for more details: Kratom’s Medicinal Uses.